a pre-mixed gel containing picloram
- kills a wide range of species
- acts systemically i.e. will spread through entire plant to roots
- low toxicity. Long term soil residue, and very soluble, moves with soil water so can kill plants off-site after rain. May also move across roots to another plant. Apply with care.
- cuts should be as horizontal as possible to prevent dripping and where possible cuts should be made above 5cm of the ground.
- apply the herbicide as soon as possible and no more than five minutes after cutting.
- do not use a large "glob" of gel as pictured on the label (only small amounts are required to kill many woody and perennial broadleaf plants), apply right across the stem surface.
- avoid using excessively in one area.
- very useful for woody weeds incl climbers and woolly nightshade, also kills rhizomatous plants and ground covers.
- available from garden centres and agricultural supply stores.