(Pulse®, Boost®, Freeway, Dewdrop, Kiwi Buddy etc)
- an additive used to improve ability of herbicide to penetrate leaf cuticle or stomata, thereby raising effectiveness or lowering cost
- generally works much more effectively than mere "spreaders" or "stickers"
- usually cause rapid uptake of herbicide, thereby lowering rainfast periods from hours to minutes
- should always be added last to spray mix to prevent foaming. Rates used should always relate to percentage of spray mix (normally 0.1% or 1 part per 1000), not to litres per hectare of penetrant or herbicide
- available from agricultural supply stores and some garden centres.