(Roundup® G2, Renew, Glyphosate 360, Trounce®, Zero, Touchdown, etc)
- non selective, ie generally kills most plants, leaving bare ground. Sites often colonised by more weeds
- foliar contact active only, cannot be taken up by roots. Non-volatile
- low toxicity, non-residual, site can be planted immediately
- preferred for grasses and other monocots, useful for vines and some shrubs. Only herbicide generally permissible over water (Roundup G2 is the safest glyphosate formulation to use over water). Check your Regional Council rules for any restrictions on use over water.
- useful for stem/stump treatment
- widely available from garden centres, agricultural supply stores and even some supermarkets.